Hosting Metro considers user privacy paramount, and utilizes great care in keeping the information of the customer and/or user (“Customer”) private and secure.
Additionally, Hosting Metro adheres to the Safe Harbor Principles as agreed to and set forth by the United States Department of Commerce and the European Union (“EU”),
http://export.gov/safeharbor/. To demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy, the following agreement has been created to explain our policies and procedures in relation to all data collected.
Types of Data Collected
Hosting Metro collects data related to our users through the following methods:
Depending upon the method of collection and use, the data collected may include information about the user from forms, registrations and transactions
(such as name, title, address, company, phone number and e-mail address), financial/transaction information (such as credit card, cvv, and payment information),
information about use of Hosting Metro web sites (such as electronic communications protocols, web pages visited, and cookies) and user preferences and privileges.
- Automated means such as communication protocols and cookies
- Online registration and online signup forms
- Sales inquiries and transactions
- Online Customer communications
- Offline communications and interactions
- Third party sources of information
Electronic Communications Protocols and Cookies
Hosting Metro may receive data from you as part of the communication connection itself through the standard electronic greeting between your computer and our servers.
This information often consists of network routing (where you came from), equipment information (browser type), Internet protocol address, date and time. At this time our server will also query your computer to see if there are “cookies” previously set by hostingmetro.com to facilitate log in or other site navigation procedures. A “cookie” is a small piece of information sent by a web server to store in a web browser so it can later be read back from that browser.
Cookies on the site may collect the following information: a unique identifier, user preferences and profile information used to personalize the content that is shown, and user
information to access Hosting Metro’s user forums. Cookies may also be of benefit to you by creating a more streamlined login process, keeping track of shopping cart additions or
preserving order information between sessions. In the future, as we enable further customization of the site, cookies will help in ensuring that information provided to you will be the
most relevant to your needs.
While we do not offer an opt-out on the site for cookies, browsers provide you with information and control over cookies.
You can set your web browser to alert you when a cookie is being used. You can also get information on the duration of the cookie and what server your data is being returned to.
You then have the opportunity to accept or reject the cookie. Additionally, you can set your browser to refuse all cookies or accept only cookies returned to the originating servers.
Users can generally disable the cookie feature on their browser without affecting their ability to use the site, except in some cases where cookies are used as an essential security
feature necessary for transaction completion.
The Data We Collect and How We Use It
Hosting Metro collects data from users for the following purposes:
- To engage in transactions for service. Name, address, email, purchase details, and credit card/payment information may be collected and stored as part of the transaction history. The majority of the data collected under this category is contact information. We may need to share some of this data (address, payment) with credit card clearing houses, banking institutions, and other similarly situated Agents, who may require the information in order to complete the transaction (as used here, “Agents” are persons or companies who act on behalf of or under the direction of Hosting Metro). Hosting Metro will not transfer information to any of its Agents unless it first either ascertains that the Agent subscribes to the Safe Harbor Principles or is subject to the EU Directive on Data Protection or another adequacy finding or enters into a written agreement with such Agent requiring that the Agent provide at least the same level of privacy protection as is required by the relevant Safe Harbor Principles.
- To provide future service and support. Information collected for this purpose is both contact data and information related to products and service/support requested. This information is also used to provide service, product update, and similar notices.
- To select content. Data may be collected to help create web site content and navigation that is most relevant and user friendly. This includes data collected as a result of site navigation, as well as data provided in forms.
- To respond to user inquiries and requests for information. This data includes registrations for online newsletters, opt-in mailing lists and specific requests for further information.
- To respond to law enforcement organizations, government officials, or third parties when compelled by subpoena, court order, or applicable law, or to report or prevent suspected fraudulent or illegal activity in the use of services. We will notify Customer of the information request or submission as, and if, allowed.
- To provide various Hosting Metro communities, such as resellers, with relevant product alerts and updates. These updates are related to product releases, prices, terms, special offers and associated campaigns. This data is sent when the program member signs up for the relevant program or online account.
- To better tailor marketing to user needs. We may use information from user purchases and user-specified requirements to provide you with timely and pertinent notices of product releases and service developments that address your needs and specified requirements.
- To better respond to requests for service or quotes for product and equipment purchase. We will pass contact information to the appropriate sales person, or reseller for follow-up related to products or services.
- As a result of your participation in interactive discussions and public forums. There are parts of the web site that permit you to participate in interactive discussions. Some of these are moderated; all are subject to access for technical reasons. Hosting Metro does not control the content that users post and some may serve as public discussion forums. As in any interactive forum open to many users, you should carefully consider whether you wish to submit data and should tailor any other content submitted accordingly.
Customer Portal, Customer Customization, Preferences and Opt-Out
New Customers are automatically registered for access at https://secure.hostingmetro.com/AMC/chklogin.asp
The Customer portal allows Customers the ability to create users, add/delete users, add/delete user privileges and opt in (or out) of services and mailing lists.
The Customer portal provides the Customers with control over their preferences for electronic information delivery.
Hosting Metro has also provided the Customer’s master user the ability to manage the Customer’s account or profile information. We maintain the data and allow the Customer’s master user
to update it at any time. To change this information, you must be a current Customer and login with a user ID and password and follow the prompts to “update my profile.”
We continue to expand the profile of services and information that you may access and update.
Please note that some email communications are not subject to general opt-out. These include communications related to downloads; communications about sales transactions; information about software updates, patches and fixes; disclosures to comply with legal requirements; and network upgrades or other related service maintenance.
If an individual’s personal information is to be (a) disclosed to a third party who is not an Agent; or (b) used for a purpose that is incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by the individual, then the individual will be notified prior to such disclosure and may opt out of having the information disclosed by responding to the email and/or author of the notification, where such information shall be clearly set forth.
Privacy Complaints by European Union Citizens:
In compliance with the Safe Harbor Principles, Hosting Metro commits to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your personal information.
Hosting Metro 800 Bellevue Way NE #400 Bellevue, WA 98004
Hosting Metro has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the Safe Harbor Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU Safe Harbor, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed by Hosting Metro you may contact:
Council of Better Business Bureaus, Inc.
BBB EU Safe Harbor
4200 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 800
Arlington, VA 22203
Hosting Metro is concerned with the security of the data we have collected and utilizes commercially reasonable measures to prevent unauthorized access to that information. These measures include policies, procedures, employee training, physical access and technical elements relating to data access controls. In addition, Hosting Metro uses standard security protocols and mechanisms to facilitate the exchange and the transmission of sensitive data, such as credit card details. Hosting Metro does not process personal information in a way that is incompatible with the purposes for which it has been collected or subsequently authorized by the individual.
In the event that individual personal data is acquired, or is reasonably believed to have been acquired, by an unauthorized person and applicable law requires notification, Hosting Metro will notify the affected individual of the breach by email or fax or, if Hosting Metro is unable to contact the individual by email or fax, then by U.S. mail. Notice will be given promptly, consistent with the legitimate needs of law enforcement and any measures necessary for Hosting Metro or law enforcement to determine the scope of the breach and to ensure or restore the integrity of the data system. Hosting Metro may delay notification if Hosting Metro or a law enforcement agency determines that the notification will impede a criminal investigation, and in such case, notification will not be provided unless and until Hosting Metro or the agency determines that notification will not compromise the investigation.
If we are going to use your data in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection, we will notify you via email. In addition, if we make any material changes in our
privacy practices that do not affect user data already stored in our database, we will notify you by email or post a prominent notice on the customer portal notifying users of the change.
In some cases, when we post the notice, we will also email users who have opted to receive communications from us, notifying them of the changes in our privacy practices.
We may update this policy from time to time to describe how new site features affect our use of your data and to let you know of new control and preference features that we provide.